Ryan and Megan's Las Vegas II Itinerary
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - Monday, January 4, 2010
Howdy, folks! Earlier in the year, we racked up enough Southwest points to get a free flight, so on a whim we decided it might be cool to head out to Las Vegas for New Years. That was back in July - we booked a flight and were ready to go... minus the hotels and car rentals and other plans - we figured that out a couple days ago. This will be a very different trip from what we are used to. We've been to a lot of the places in and around Las Vegas, and everything else is closed for the winter, so we'll be spending a lot of time just hanging out along the strip. But enough blabber; check out the itnerary below!
All times are local to
the particular city. All of this trip will take place in the Pacific Time Zone, which is 3 hours behind Eastern Time. That's right; while the ball drops in New York, we'll still be having dinner!
Emergency Contact Information:
Phone (Ryan's Cell):
Phone (Megan's Cell):
(will be checked as often as possible)
Once again, we will be bringing a couple webcams along with us for the ride. Signal will be sporadic and
reliant upon good power to the laptop, but whenever we can, we will try to pump new images to this page
every 20 seconds - no need to open a new window or refresh!
Note that on this trip, we won't be driving very much, and when we do, it will be to the middle of nowhere, so don't expect too many updates! If the picture doesn't update, then we are out of signal or not driving. Just check back later.
*** OUTBOUND ***
Flight #1/2: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 1268 (Baltimore to Milwaukee)
DEPART Baltimore, MD (BWI) at 5:25 PM 5:25 PM EST
ARRIVE Milwaukee, WI (MKE) at 6:35 PM 7:35 PM EST
>> Stay on Plane <<
Flight #2/2: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 1268 (Milwaukee to Las Vegas)
DEPART Milwaukee, WI (MKE) at 7:00 PM 8:00 PM EST
ARRIVE Las Vegas, NV (LAS) at 9:05 PM 12:05 AM EST
*** INBOUND ***
Flight #1/2: Monday, January 4, 2010 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 3084 (Las Vegas to Nashville)
DEPART Las Vegas, NV (LAS) at 10:10 AM 1:10 PM EST
ARRIVE Nashville, TN (BNA) at 3:40 PM 4:40 PM EST
>> Change Planes <<
Flight #2/2: Monday, January 4, 2010 -
Southwest Airlines - Flight 1749 (Nashville to Baltimore)
DEPART Nashville, TN (BNA) at 4:25 PM 5:25 PM EST
ARRIVE Baltimore, MD (BWI) at 7:05 PM 7:05 PM EST
Hotel: Night 1, December 30, 2009
4381 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Room Type: Studio Suite (Simon Dining and Room Package)
Hotel: Night 2, December 31, 2009
Doubletree Club Las Vegas Airport
7250 Pollock Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Room Type: 1 King Bed w/ Upgraded Amenities and Breakfast
Hotel: Night 3, January 1, 2010
Best Western Pahrump Station
1101 S Highway 160
Pahrump, NV 89048
Room Type: 1 King Bed w/ Continental Breakfast
Hotel: Night 4, January 2, 2010
Best Western The North Shore Inn at Lake Mead
520 N Moapa Valley Boulevard
Overton, NV 89040
Room Type: 2 Queen Beds w/ Continental Breakfast
Hotel: Night 5, January 3, 2010
The Signature at MGM Grand
145 East Harmon Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Room Type: 1 King Bed w/ Junior Suite
Car Rental: December 30 (9:00pm) - January 4 (9:00am)
Alamo Rent A Car
Las Vegas Arpt/Shuttle (LAST71)
7135 Gilespie Street
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Car Type: Midsize (Pontiac G5 or Similar)
You can check out a turn-by-turn itinerary with estimated times by clicking here.
Or, you can download a PDF version here.
Note: The numbers in the itinerary correspond to the map at the bottom. For context, this section was written by Ryan.
Note 2: The times (all in Pacific Time) are ESTIMATES only to give you an idea of what our original plans were. We get distracted and detoured easily, so just check the webcam and/or GPS tracker to get an idea of where we really are.
Wednesday, December 30
- 02:25pm-09:05pm - Southwest Airlines flight to Las Vegas (with stopover in Milwaukee)
- 09:05pm-09:45pm - STOP  - Pick up Alamo rental car (Mid-size)
- 09:45pm-09:54pm - DRIVING
- 09:54pm-end of day - STOP  - Palms Place hotel; we've got a package deal at this hotel that includes VIP passes to the hotel's nightclubs, so it'll be a late night for us playas!!
Thursday, December 31
- start of day-11:00am - This is no Best Western; our hotel's got a spa! We're sticking around until checkout to make the most out of the cash we dropped on this mother.
- 11:00am-11:04am - DRIVING (aka, moving our car across the street)
- 11:04am-4:00pm - STOP  - We'll be checking out the sites of the strip before heading off to Harrah's to see a magic/comedy show with Mac King at 1:00pm (due to the holidays, I will refer to him as "Mac King Cole").
- 04:00pm-04:16pm - DRIVING
- 04:16pm-06:16pm - STOP  - Ethel M Chocolate Factory; they might still be open for a factory tour, but if nothing else, we can check out their holiday light display.
- 06:16pm-06:26pm - DRIVING
- 06:26pm-07:26pm - STOP  - Check in at our off-strip hotel
- 07:26pm-07:36pm - SHUTTLE to MGM Grand
- 07:36pm-12:45am - STOP  - Walking around the strip; Dinner at Morton's Steakhouse at 8:30; Party every-day; Party every-day; Happy New Year!!!
- 12:45am-12:53am - SHUTTLE back to our hotel
- 12:53am-end of day - STOP  - Sleep
Friday, January 1
- 10:53am-11:33am - DRIVING
- 11:33am-02:33pm - STOP  - Red Rock Canyon; We'll be off hiking this afternoon, but we won't get too sweaty - our hotel is hours away!
- 02:33pm-03:08pm - DRIVING
- 03:08pm-05:08pm - STOP  - More time on the strip - this time, at the northern end around Stratosphere
- 05:08pm-05:26pm - DRIVING
- 05:26pm-07:26pm - STOP  - Dinner at the #1-rated restaurant in Las Vegas (according to tripadvisor.com): Just Real Food!
- 07:26pm-07:42pm - DRIVING
- 07:42pm-11:30pm - STOP  - Back to the strip at Rio Suites Hotel to see Penn and Teller.
- 11:30pm-12:25am - DRIVING, falling asleep, almost crashing, drinking Red Bull, and DRIVING again
- 12:25am-end of day - STOP  - Sleep
Saturday, January 2
- 08:25am-09:18am - DRIVING
- 09:18am-03:22pm - STOP [13, 14, and 15] - Death Valley; We've been here before, but we missed seeing "Race Track". Google it; it looks really cool.
- 03:22pm-07:21pm - DRIVING
- 07:21pm-08:21pm - STOP  - Potentially dinner at Mt. Charleston Restaurant and Lounge
- 08:21pm-09:55pm - DRIVING
- 09:55pm-end of day - STOP  - Sleep
Sunday, January 3
- 08:00am-08:36am - DRIVING
- 08:36am-11:36am - STOP  - Valley of Fire State Park
- 11:36am-01:04pm - DRIVING
- 01:04pm-03:04pm - STOP  - Lake Las Vegas; some place that my boss recommended
- 03:04pm-03:19pm - DRIVING
- 03:19pm-04:19pm - STOP  - Chilling out around Lake Mead
- 04:19pm-04:48pm - DRIVING
- 04:48pm-06:10pm - STOP  - Church; it is a Sunday, you know
- 06:10pm-06:28pm - DRIVING
- 06:28pm-08:28pm - STOP  - Dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe
- 08:28pm-08:34pm - DRIVING
- 08:34pm-end of day - STOP  - Sleep in a decent hotel room
Monday, January 4
- 08:36am-08:43am - DRIVING
- 08:36am-10:10am - STOP  - Back at the airport; it's time to go home already??
- 10:10am-04:05pm - Southwest Airlines flight back to Baltimore
Where you at?? We are never 100% on time to our destinations, so we've taken all the guesswork out of figuring out where we are by broadcasting our GPS location, courtesy of InstaMapper.com. Per their rules, you'll need to manually refresh this page to see our latest movements, but so long as we get cell phone signal, you'll be able to see where we are!
And if that's not good enough, we've still got our guesimated route highlighted below...
Just as before, these are some links where you might be able to track our flight. With all of these sites, be sure to hit refresh (F5) and click 'Retry' as applicable to view the latest information.